We've Been Living our Happily Ever After for

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

ain't about the chi-ching chiching, aint about the bibling bibling

I'm sorry I had to use that but there is not better title for this blog..The bibling of our wedding!
I know it shouldn't be about the material stuff but it doesnt hurt to get a few nice extras on top of a loving husband. So far, I noticed that I've developed a habit of blogging about wedding thingies that are related- first the unique ideas, now the blings and in the near future, the diy projects. First on the list of course:

The ring

Meio and I have been talking about our wedding as early as june last year so the engagement ring was just a formality. All the same, it still makes me feel kilig since he gave it in our of our climbs- on April 9th, on the 9th highest mountain in the philippines, mt. timbak:


The irony that something that signifies a beginning is set against something so old and literally rustic :)
us during that climb ^_^

The wedding rings


we went to meycauayan last march and got our rings on the spot..simply pretty for a fraction of what we thought the cost would be


my head dress

Some people would say I bought it way tooo early but looking at it makes me so happy that it doesnt matter. It's made of swarovski and hubby to be's bf-gf anniversary present to me(pm me if you wanna know where I bought it.

The original one was white and brown and though our motif colors are tiffany blue and choco brown, i had it changed since blue stands out even more and I was not disappointed.

my shoes


as i will mention in another blog, i have 3 pairs of wedding shoes at the moment and this one is my fave!!! why not considering the price and how beautiful it is...there is one stone missing and you probably don't notice and wont even find it even though i told you

here are my awesome shoes!
picture to follow.I dont have the file
 with me pero atat nako mag-blog ^_^
arrhae
For personal reasons, i dislike the arrhae tradition but we have no choice but to include it. Imagine my delight when I saw a shop in divi selling arrhae holders for 20-35 pesos. no, i didnt omit zeroes there, they're really between 20 to 30 pesos. I can simply add 10-20 1 peso coins and instead of the typical 150-300 arrhaes, saving a hundred bucks isnt bad.
I was skeptical that I'd find the exact same design on google but here it is!

Adding all these small details and good finds, I'd hit whoever says that it aint about the bling cause it can be about the bling! Thanks for reading and happy preps to engaged couples out there!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pa share naman where in Bulacan u got the rings...thanks for a very helpful step by step blog, too :)

Arnold and April said...

Hi Bey..It was in Meycauyan, sorry hindi ako matandain sa pangalan ng lugar pero dun sya sa intersection na may Mang Inasal and Merced Bakeshop + ung right side(kung galing ka ng Valenzuela) is papuntang Pandi, Guiginto, etc...
I even forgot the name kasi naglakad lang kami papasok dun sa street na nagtitinda ng jewelry tapos bumili kami sa 4th or 5th store..hehehe..BTW, we didnt use these rings in the end(may nagregalo kasi ng gold rings) but they're very cheap, 800 lang ung pair and until now, maganda pa sya kahit 2 years ago na nabili :)

span.fullpost {display:inline;}